Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Things I Can't Stop Watching

Although my Christmas break is coming to an end and I should be doing work, I have been re-watching some of my favorite programs on youtube.

First off, the lovely Sasha Cohen.  Her Swan Lake program is a gem, and the 03/04 season seemed to be the one where she made the least mistakes.  This is her first performance of that season, marred by only one mistake - a two footed triple flip.  So you can enjoy without worrying about a trademark Sasha splat :)






Next, the young super star, Kim Yu-na.  This is her performance at the 2006 Korean Nationals and is on a fan cam.  I really like it because she demonstrates all of the triples (except for the axel), even though she did too many combos... Also, the program is very elegant and I hope she moves in this direction again because her "soft" programs (this one and Lark) have been my favorites.





Of course, there is Mao.  I have so many videos I would post, but instead I will choose my favorite.  I cannot stop watching her LP from Japanese Nationals this year, but I have already done a post on that so... I chose her Claire de Lune program from the 08/09 GPF.  This was the competition where Mao finally demonstrated she could do all the triples (even though the loop was downgraded in the SP - I still count it), I just wish she would've gone for all of them together in the LP but maybe this year...

The footwork here is beautiful, as is the layback spin, but I am not really a fan of the back camel combo and glad she has changed that this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment