Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Taking Back What I've Said

I would like to take back what I said about PChan's freeskate.  I am not a huge Chan lover, but I do appreciate his skating skills and high quality elements when he performs them well.  This performance at Chanadian Nationals was phenomenal!  Yes, I still think his expression and interpretation need work, but everything else was spot on.  I do, however, agree with my previous comments in that this performance should have earned a score around 185, not 197.

Either way, enjoy this great performance - it is definitely the best LP we have seen from any Male skater this season.

2 comments:

  1. Chan's performance was phenomenal but my personal favorite that weekend was actually Sawyer's LP, despite the difference in SS, tech quality, etc. Sawyer's elation at the end of his program and underdog story made even a crusty old barnacle like me all sentimental, which should count for something, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I definitely enjoyed his performance, but the video quality was atrocious so I could not fully appreciate his skating. Originally I wrote a WTF post that was very angry and sarcastic about Chan, but I had to take it down after I saw the skate. I think he was actually trying to interpret, but he can't because his face is slightly effed up.
    But yes Sawyer's expression at the end (what I could see) was priceless. Now we have to see if he can deliver another program like that at Worlds!

    ReplyDelete