Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Something I Have Noticed...

Something that I have noticed becoming increasingly awful is the coverage of skating news on IceNetwork.com.  I realize that all websites and reporters (and me) have their biases, but IceNetwork is becoming ridiculous.  If you look at their website, almost all of their headlines are articles about skaters from Colorado Springs.  Yes, that's great every once in a while, but would it hurt them to write an article about someone OTHER than Tom Zakrajsek's students?  It's not just because I personally find them all boring, but what about writing about up-and-coming skaters like Vanessa Lam or Yasmin Siraj?  Don't they want to expose us to knew skaters so we can know about them in the future when the current skaters retire?

But wait!  There is hope - IceNetwork sometimes brings us news from one other rink!  I do admit, the stories from Canton, Michigan are much more interesting, but even they get stale after a while.  What about doing a report on Sectionals?  Or writing about up-and-coming Novice and Junior competitors?  I just don't understand why skaters from the East, West, Texas, etc. never get written about.

OK rant over.

OH FYI: I will be doing reports on Nationals, but only on the skaters I feel like watching in the events I want to see.  HOPEFULLY that will mean live commentary on some of the Senior events, but we will have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment