Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

POTO


Two different programs to POTO, two very talented skaters, two (almost) clean performances.  How would they stack up against each other if skated at the same competition?

I would have Takahashi ahead of Chan, but that is just my preference.  I would say the second quad in Chan's LP cancels the step-out on the triple axel and makes the two programs, content wise, fairly equal.  But who deserves the higher PCS? Takahashi by a mile.  He is flying throughout the entire program, especially in the second half, and the intensity he brings is real, whereas Chan just seems to be going through the motions to pick up points.  I never real see Chan ever let go during his programs and perform.  (Writing this last sentence, I wanted to say performances, but just couldn't because I do not consider them performances, but programs. )  Takahashi always gives it 110% throughout the entire performance, no matter how successful his jumps are.  Yes, sometimes he can get a little out of control, but it is much more interesting than 10 hitch-kicks and the same dance-mowhawk-leg extension in every program.

No comments:

Post a Comment