Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A New Discovery

Now that it's the offseason, we I find myself watching the suggestions YouTube gives me to further my figure skating knowledge.  Today, I have discovered this Maria Butyrskaya exhibition number set to Adagio by Albonini.  Although she was incredibly inconsistent (or consistently made mistakes at big competitions) throughout her career, Butyrskaya had some nice moments, including her Otonal program and her SP at 2000 worlds.  This dramatic exhibition is just wonderful, with the exception of some strange arms-behind-the-back attitude position that I think is supposed to look dramatic...?  You can watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTvdUSEKJA
There is fluff at the beginning, which you can watch if you so desire...

Anyway, the real reason for this post is that it made me realize I wanted someone to skate to this.  The piece is very dramatic and angsty, yet does have some variations to it if you listen to the piece in its entirety.  I want someone to use this as there short program, but someone who can pull it off.  I think that Yuna Kim should skate to this, and it would be such an improvement over giselle.  Either that, or I want Lambiel to skate to it...but then again, he could skate to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment