Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17th

I have been trying really hard to diversify my pick of the days (aka not just stan Mao Asada every day), but I think it has been a reasonable amount of time since my last post on Mao!

I have chosen her 2007-2008 GPF LP, where she found her self first to skate after completely skipping her lutz in the SP.  This is probably my favorite LP performance of hers, because she has it all in this program. There are only two things that bother me about this program. 1) the ugly combo spin at the end, and 2) the lack of a triple salchow.  She has speed, elegance, seamless choreo, etc., not to mention a clean triple axel and two clean triple-triple combinations.  THIS is what Mao needs to bring back next season if she wants to re-establish herself on top.

2 comments:

  1. This performance was epic in terms of the technical aspects. However, for overall quality, I prefer her 4CC and Skate Canada performances. Her speed at Skate Canada was excellent. It was probably the fastest I ever saw Mao skate in competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree she seemed to skate more freely at Skate Canada - perhaps because she didn't have to concentrate on the 3A. She also seemed to have some additional arm movements at Skate Canada, some of which disappeared by the GPF, and even more so by 4CC.

    ReplyDelete