Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pick of the Day - April 3

Although I am a huge Mao fan, I am also a Yu-na fan.  This is one of my favorite programs from Yu-na, from the TEB in 2006.  I loved her Lark Ascending program that year - it was my favorite LP from the 06-07 season.  However, I have not loved David Wilson's work since then, particularly in his footwork seasons.  There's just something about it that I cannot pinpoint, but the footwork in this program is beautiful.  With Yu-na skating to music more similar in nature to the Lark Ascending this year, I am anxious to see what David Wilson has done.  From the short practice clips released in the past couple of weeks, it looks as if I am going to like her LP more than her SP due to the nature of her choreography, but I will hold my judgement until the competition.  It is interesting that NONE of the ladies SPs this season can hold my interest.  The only ones that interest me somewhat are by Korpi and Kostner.  However, there are many interesting LPs out there this year, and I cannot wait to see what Yu-na will show us at worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment