Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pick of the Day - February 23

I don't think I have ever written a post on Laura Lepisto, as she hasn't competed this season, but she is one of my favorite ladies skaters.  This is my favorite performance of hers, and it is probably her favorite LP performance too!

I really hope she will be back for worlds this season! I enjoy this program a lot and I think it suits her well, and I am looking forward to seeing a new SP from her.  One thing I love about Laura is her confidence - she is not afraid to make eye-contact with the judges, and her posture is always straight.  The thing that frustrates me about her (and probably frustrates everyone else) is the high number of doubles she does in her program.  Granted, they are nice quality doubles and don't seem out of whack (which is why I don't understand why she doesn't rotate...)  Anyway, I hope she has recovered from her injury in time for worlds.  I actually prefer her skating over Korpi and Kostner - she doesn't make me nervous when she skates.  Yes she pops, but hardly ever falls, and her technique is very pure and pleasing.  I would like for her to redeem herself at worlds this year with a long program with more than 3 triples to show she deserves the bronze medal she received last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment