Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Most Difficult Exhibition EVER!

OK, another Mao post...sorry.  But there's just so much to say!

Someone was kind enough to upload a video from the 07-08 season I had never seen before.  I believe it was a Japan Super Challenge competition in 2008, but I am not sure.  This program to So Deep it the Night has always been one of my favorites, so I was excited.  She lands the lutz as usual, and then goes into a huge 3F+3Lo with her long hair half down all over the place!  I was very impressed.  She goes on to do the 3 2As as usual, followed her lovely spiral, and I expected her to do a nice triple loop.  But no - she goes for a triple axel, with her hair down, in spotlights, THREE AND A HALF MINUTES INTO HER PROGRAM - AND SHE STANDS UP!  That is just crazy.  No-one ever goes a 3A that late in a competitive program, and I mean the men.  I don't know how she did it, but somehow she did.  Yes, it is under-rotated and two-footed, but who cares?!?  She went for it and stood up.  This girl is just full of surprises, so I don't doubt that she will surprise us, hopefully in a good way, at worlds in March.


CRAZY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment