Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Choreography

I just stumbled upon this performance from the 2002 Campbells competition by Sasha Cohen. I have always loved this program in all of its forms - it's one of my favorite Sasha programs ever. However, this version has to take the cake. The attention to detail, the line, the right amount of in betweens, the classic skating... Oh I could go on and on. This deserves a 10 for transitions. There are transitions between each element that are actually meaningful and ADD to the program in a way that makes it watchable and brings the viewers in. Sorry I don't want to watch someone do 15 turns down the ice in both directions and sloppily vault themselves up into the air. Yes, this was a 6.0 program, but it was one that would have done very well under the IJS system. After watching the craptacular programs at worlds with choreo and steps these skaters use over and over to different music (I wonder if Osmond could physically do 4 back cross-overs, step forward, set, and do a mowhawk triple flip. I bet not - she does all those sloppy quick turns going into it so many times that the "difficult" transition going into it is probably easier for her than a standard set-up.)

Anyway, I digress. This program is a masterpiece, as are all of Sasha's performances from the 2002-2003 season, even with the mistakes.
Also, check out that 3Toe/3Sal combo! Go Sasha! You're fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment