Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

2013 Worlds Predictions

Here are my predictions for the 2013 World Championships

Ladies:

I think we will see a repeat of the podium from 2008 worlds - but I am still unsure of the order.
If I had to guess, I'd say Yu-Na wins the short, Carolina wins the long, and Mao places second in both. Potential spoilers: Wagner (LP), Sotnikova could be 3rd in the short, Suzuki

Overall:
1.) Mao
2.) Carolina
3.) Yu-Na
4.) Wagner
5.) Sotnikova

Men:

The men's championship is really up for grabs, but if Fernandez keeps on the upward trajectory he's been on, I could see this really being his year. I really like Hanyu's SP, but his LP is blah. Chan's LP is great this season, but he doesn't excite me this year the way Fernandez does. I really wish Takahashi will skate well, but his programs are no Cyber Swan or La Strada.

Overall:
1.) Fernandez
2.) Chan
3.) Hanyu
4.) Takahashi

Dance:

I really like Davis and White's programs this year, and hope they can skate them to their full potential when it counts. Tessa and Scott's SD is great, especially with the changes. However, I am not a fan of 2/3 of their FD. With P/B being injured, I could really see B/S sneaking in for that bronze medal. Also, W/P are a wild card, as we have not seen them since the fall.

Overall:
1.) D/W
2.) V/W
3.) B/S
4.) P/B
5.) W/P or C/L

Pairs:

Not my favorite discipline...I think it will go to the Russians this year (based on judging).
I really hate IJS pairs programs...

Good luck to all the skaters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment